Lab Day 2016
June 15, 2016 @ June 15, 2016 - June 15, 2016
The Indispensable Dental Assistant
In this changing world of dentistry, it is critical to insulate yourself and your job. The habits of an amazing dental assistant include proactivity, preparation, foresight and a drive to continually educate yourself. Join us for a night of education hosted by the office of Dr. Steven Goldstein to learn how to create value by empowering yourself to become instrumental part of the practice.The night will begin with a review of critical tasks for assistants to master followed by live demonstrations of the lab work typically delegated to assistants critical to the outcome of any dental case.
Topics to Include:
- Habits of an indispensable assistant
- Practice workflow for proactivity and efficiency
- Materials and lab work needed for each restoration
- Impression materials/taking/landmarks
- Pouring and trimming models
- Photography in the practice
- New product offerings
- Learn how to become a must keep assistant
- Understand how you can help improve workflow to increase productivity and efficiency in the practice
- Determine impression material and lab needs for each type of restoration
- Learn what the lab needs from an impression for the best results
- Create awareness of lab options and resources available to you
- Discover the best ways to communicate to get what you want
Dr. Steven H. Goldstein received his DDS degree in 1985 from Georgetown University. From 1987 to 1990, Dr. Goldstein completed the Periodontal Prosthesis program at the University of Pennsylvania. He holds two advanced dental degrees; one in Periodontics and the other in Periodontal Prosthesis/Fixed Prosthodontics. Dr. Goldstein maintains a private practice in Scottsdale, Arizona, limited to implant, restorative and cosmetic dentistry. He lectures nationally at many important national dental conferences on implant dentistry, dental digital photography and digital asset management.
Tom Wiand, CDT has been the Owner and General Manager of Wiand Dental Lab for nearly 25 years, specializing exclusively in removable prosthetics, implant assisted/supported dentures and now the All-on-4 dental implants.
[button link=”/resources/continuing-education/register-lab-day/” color=”default” size=”large” stretch=”” type=”” shape=”” target=”_self” title=”” gradient_colors=”|” gradient_hover_colors=”|” accent_color=”” accent_hover_color=”” bevel_color=”” border_width=”1px” icon=”” icon_divider=”yes” icon_position=”left” modal=”” animation_type=”0″ animation_direction=”down” animation_speed=”0.1″ animation_offset=”” alignment=”center” class=”” id=””]Reserve Your Spot Today![/button]